Barbados is an island country in the Lesser Antilles of the West Indies, in the Caribbean region of North America. It is 34 kilometres (21 miles) in length and up to 23 km (14 mi) in width, covering an area of 432 km2 (167 sq mi).
It is situated in the western area of the North Atlantic and 100 km (62 mi) east of the Windward Islands and the Caribbean Sea; therein, Barbados is east of the Windwards, part of the Lesser Antilles, roughly at 13°N of the equator. It is about 168 km (104 mi) east of both the countries of Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and 180 km (110 mi) south-east of Martinique and 400 km (250 mi) north-east of Trinidad and Tobago. Barbados is outside the principal Atlantic hurricane belt. Its capital and largest city is Bridgetown.
Must See and Do
- Barbados’ beaches – Barbados boasts more than 80 beaches.
- St. Nicholas Abbey – The island claims to be the birthplace of rum, and several tours offer a taste of local flavor.
- Oistins – Visitors and Bajans alike flock to this fishing village for its come-as-you-are Friday-night street party.
- Souse – A local specialty that dates from the colonial era, the popularity of this pork dish endures.
- Cuz’s – In Barbados, a sandwich is a “cutter,” and this is the best place to eat one.
- Harrison’s Cave – A 1.5-mile-long network of coral caves is an attraction you can’t leave without seeing.
- Celebrate Crop Over – What began as a colonial-era celebration of the season’s final sugarcane harvest is now Barbados’ biggest party.
- The Concorde Experience – Check out this decommissioned supersonic aircraft, now an interactive exhibit for aviation geeks.
- Pebbles Beach – Several mornings a week racehorses swim at one of the island’s best beaches.
A luxury five-star beachfront resort close to Holetown and Paynes Bay on the island of Barbados. The resort features 112 guestrooms and suites as well as a five-bedroom villa, a Spa, four restaurants, seven bars and three golf courses. The reef just off the coast from the hotel, Little Sandy Lane, contains Barracuda, Lobster and several other species of small fish.
The ultimate in resort living. A vibrant community of members complements the superb resort amenities. Over 250 beautiful homes spaced around the championship golf course designed by acclaimed course designer, Robert Trent Jones Jnr., with glorious views of the fairways and the sea and the undisputed cachet of a Royal Westmoreland address.
Our Concierge Services
From the moment you reserve your villa with us to the moment you return home, we will take care of you every step of the way.
- Airport transfers.
- Grocery pre-stocking.
- Local Reservations & Recommendations.
- Additional Staff.
- Special Events.
- Catering Services.
- Yacht Charters and more…
Not Sure Where to Start?
Let one of our Villa Rental Specialist find your perfect lifestyle…